Revision 1 - April 18, 2019
In summary, we will only use your information:
- To optimize our website performance; or
- With your consent.
This is explained in more detail below.
- About us
- Children Under the Age of 13
- What information we collect and how we collect it
- How we collect Personal Information
- How and why we use Personal Information
- How we share Personal Information
- International transfers
- Data security
- How long we keep Personal Information
- Third-party links
- Accessing and correcting your information
- Your rights
- Changes to this policy or your data
1. About Us
This website https://cxonexus.com (our or the "Site") is operated by CXO Nexus, a Delaware C Corp, also referred to as the "Company", “CXO Nexus”, “CXONEXUS”, "we", "us" and "our"), a C Corp organized under the laws of the State of Delaware, and CXO Nexus is a data controller. CXO Nexus’s offices are located at:
2. Children Under the Age of 13
3. What Information We Collect and How We Collect It.
The type of information we collect depends on how you use the Site and how you interact with us. “Personal Information” means any data which can be associated with you as an individual, either directly or indirectly, and is collected on a voluntary basis from you.
The Personal Information we collect via the Site may include:
- Identity information, such as your name, organization name and position, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, biographical data, social media links, and/or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline.
- Technical data, such as your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and/or platform, and other technical information relating to the devices you use to access the Site.
- Usage data, which includes information about your use of the Site, and any communications we may receive from you.
- Marketing and communications data, including your preferences in terms of receiving marketing and other communications from us.
The Site is not intended to store or transmit “special categories” of Personal Information, such as details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, information, or criminal convictions and offenses.
4. How We Collect Personal Information
We collect information from you in three different ways.
a) Personal Information you provide to us.
If you subscribe (sign up) to our mailing list, inform us of your marketing and communications preferences, or post or submit any text, comments, photo, video, communication, information, or other material (“User Content”) on or through the Site, you will provide us with your identity, contact information, and IP address. This data is collected through direct solicitation and your voluntary submissions. You will also provide us with Personal Information when you correspond with us. We do not embed tracking codes in our regular daily email correspondence.
b) Personal Information we collect automatically as you navigate the Site.
Cookie name What it is used for Google Analytics website analytics and visitor tracking Wordfence website security and access control YouTube user viewing preferences. You can remove cookies from your computer through the browser settings. Please note however that doing so may affect, limit or degrade your ability to use some features on the Site and other websites. Management of cookie settings varies from one browser to another, and the "Help" menu of your web browser should provide instructions on how to manage cookies. For your convenience, the links below are to instructions provided by major web browsers relating to such management in those specific browsers:
- Chrome (http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647 or https://support.google.com/chrome/search?q=hot+to+delete+cookies&from_promoted_search=true)
- Internet Explorer (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/278835)
- Firefox (http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored)
- Opera (https://help.opera.com/en/latest/security-and-privacy/)
- Safari (http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042)
- Safari for iPad and iPhone (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677)
c) Information You Provide to Third Parties.
If you use the Site’s interactive features that may provide access a third party site that is linked to the Site, the other user(s) or third party site may provide us, directly or indirectly with your Personal Information. For example, another user may post your email address and name, or a third party website may report a purchase you made from that site.
5. How and Why We Use Personal Information
a) You have given us permission to do so.
If you subscribe to our mailing list, we will send you updates that you have consented to receive. Similarly, if you contact us with a question or comment, we may need your contact, identity, technical and/or usage information to respond.
b) We have a legitimate interest (reasonable business purpose) for doing so.
We will use your information for our legitimate business reasons where doing so will not unduly affect your rights. As such,
- We will use your identity, contact and usage information to keep our records up to date.
- We will use your technical information to:
- Make the Site available, to improve it, to conduct system maintenance, support, troubleshooting, reporting and to host data;
- Ensure that the Site is secure;
- Analyze how users interact with the Site; and
- Address technical issues you may experience with the Site.
We may also use any or all of the information above to administer and manage our business in general. If you feel that your interests and fundamental rights outweigh our business purposes, and that we should therefore stop processing your data, please let us know.
c) We need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligations.
In certain circumstances, we may need to retain or use your data to comply with the laws or regulations.
6. How We Share Personal Information
7. International transfers
This Site is hosted on servers located in the United States. We will endeavor to meet those data protection laws and regulations (including the General Data Protection Regulation, or “GDPR”) to which we may be subject as and when applicable to the Services provided by us.
8. Data Security
The safety of your Personal Information is important to us, and we use various technical and organizational measures to secure it. We employ commercially reasonable encryption (TLS technology), data security, and intrusion prevention technologies to protect and secure all personal information in our possession. Our data environment is monitored 24/7 for malicious activity and/or anomalous behavior, either of which triggers our incidence response. However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure, and unfortunately, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. Although we take commercially reasonable measures to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures of information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security, and any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of your account username and password.
9. How Long We Keep Personal Information
We will retain your Personal Information only for as long as it necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of that Personal Information, the purposes for which we processed the data and whether we those purposes may be achieved by another means, and the applicable legal requirements We will retain your Personal Information only for as long as it necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
10. Third-Party Links
This Site may contain links to other websites whose information practices may be different than ours. Please consult all third party Sites' privacy notices. We have no control and disclaim any and all responsibility and liability in connection with information that is submitted to, or collected by, third parties.
11. Accessing or Correcting Your Information
Attention: John Lindsay
115 E 23rd Street
3rd floor - 1590
New York, NY 10010