What is FAR Section 889?
Federal Acquisition Regulation: Prohibition on Contracting With Entities Using Certain Telecommunications and Video Surveillance Services or Equipment.
FAR Rule Section 889 is legislation passed to combat national security and intellectual property threats that face the United States. FAR has recently been amended by Section 889 of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) and may effect you.
Have more questions?
- Government resource page on FAR Rule
- The OMB's Office of Information & Regulatory Affairs
- The FAR Rule implementing Section 889 of the FY 2019 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) is published here.
- Government Flyer - Download PDF
- The ban includes 126 subsidiaries or affiliates you can download here.
- 5 Tips for Complying with New Section 889 Supply Chain Regulations
- Five Steps to Take to Prepare for Part B of Section 889 Ban
- Blank Rome's Government Contract Navigator's articles on 889
- THE CLOCK IS TICKING: Government Contractors and Grant Awardees Must Replace Huawei and other Chinese Telecommunications Equipment Starting August 13, 2020
- Webinar: What Every Federal Contractor Needs to Know About NDAA Section 889- The New Supply Chain Rule Regarding Selling and Using Chinese Products and Components.
Augmenting your spend data can help you get in compliance
CXO Nexus uses AI and machine learning to transform multiple sources and types of enterprise spend data into a unified view of actionable insights. The patent-pending solution reveals millions in hidden spend by ingesting all types of spend data and automatically cleanses, normalizes, and categorizes it - within a few weeks, without the need for any FTEs.
CXO Nexus’ customers see the immediate value by being able to account for all products on the banned list with a simple query. Customers find they have a higher level of confidence in reducing their risk by being able to quickly and easily identify products that are hidden in their reseller and subsidiary spend.
Watch this video and learn more
A clean set of line-item spend data across vendors and resellers
Resellers that have the prohibited vendor items in the purchase descriptions
Purchases from OEMs with prohibited vendors
Get in touch to learn more
Global Corporate Lead